Monday, September 10, 2012

dream interpretations: SO COOL!!

As of late, although I've been trying to remain optimstic about the remainder of my tentue here in Afghanistan, my inner turmoil about it is borderline overwhelming. Stress, fear, uncertainty...but I know that my perserverance will purge my desire to come home.
All of that being said, I had a dream last night...check THIS out.

My dream started when I was in the upstairs of what appeared to be Sarah Pitzen's childhood home, but it was mine. I opened the window (which opened essentially to an overhang of the roof), and there were hundreds of mice scurrying all over the roof. I went to go tell my Dad right away, and I distinctly recall him holding WWII era spectacles, teaching me about them and how they were made a specific way to be worn during wartime.
*end dream*

So, I wake up with warm fuzzies because it's my Daddy and I love him so, but also because he was radiating with pride as he was showing me the artifact. I went ahead and checked out what the meaning of each part of the dream was, and this is what I discovered:

Dreaming of
---mice signifies my spending too much time worrying about insignificant matters and dwelling on minor problems.
---the rooftop signifies a barrier between two states of consciousness; as in, I am protecting my consciousness, mentalities, or beliefs.
---my Dad means that I am trying to incorporate his character into my own. (and I have always said that I absolutely love him, and that he has taught me everything I know about integrity, honesty, and hard work in the face of adversity!!)
---a window signifies bright hopes, vast possibilities, and insight. By opening it, I am opening myself to it, while recognizing that I am worrying about small things that don't matter (the mice).

The fact that my Dad was teaching me means that I feel I am being put to the test, and I am seeking advice and knowledge on how to proceed. My learning means that I am gaining a deeper understanding of myself.

The glasses that my Dad was holding signify that I am being seen and understood, or seeking to be.
Now, the fact that the glasses were from WWII signifies one of two things. Either:
       a: My Dad takes a special liking to learning about history, WWII being his favorite, or
       b: foreshadowing of a metal shock I am about to go through.
                                  *hopefully its the former!! ;)

And I believe that dreaming of Sarah Pitzen's house was just a note of comfort in my childhood. There are notes saying that I have unresolved feelings that I am trying to incorporate into my adult personality, but I don't necessarily agree with that. To dream of my own home would signify my own security, basic needs, and values. But because it was hers, I think it was just safety.

There is definitely something to be said about dream interpretation...and I won't lie, it was interesting learning! I dream very often, but usually, it's pretty clear what I am dreaming about or what the purpose of it is (ie: where I should live, what my future will look like, what God wants me to do with my life, etc) This makes me want to start a dream journal so I can keep track of patterns and other notes...dream on! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment